Wednesday 30 September 2015

Ubud - Travel Gallery

 
Ubud is the spiritual and artistic centre of Bali and is home to a number of temples, galleries, craft shops and restaurants. It attracts many tourists hoping to rediscover themselves and awaken their inner spirit, as well as many tourists that use Ubud as a base to explore the inner parts of Bali.
 
I would suggest that no trip to Bali is complete with out a few days spent in Ubud. It is truly a world away from the beach resorts in the south such as Seminyak, Legion and Kuta. Pace of life is much slower here and there is  genuine peace and spirituality here that I have never experienced anywhere else.
 
As well as a bustling market selling a range of local handicrafts, there are numerous art galleries, luxury hotels, several small temples, numerous bars, restaurants/warungs (local hut style restaurants) and a number of  open air theatres show casing Balinese cultural dances. If you are looking for culture and possibly a wood carved Balinese mask then get it here, to my shock such items were non existent within the beach resort of Seminyak that I travelled on to. This is also a great place to try Balinese specialities such as roast suckling pig or Balinese Duck. 
 
Like many I spent a few days here during my visit to Bali using it as a base to explore the central volcano area, the rest of the time I spent in Seminyak. If I had the time again I would have without doubt stayed in Ubud for longer.
 

 

















No comments:

Post a Comment